Veterans' Education Benefits
Veterans, thank you for serving to protect and keep our homeland safe! We are honored that you are visiting our website and hope it is of some value to you.
- Thanks to the new Post-9/11 GI Bill, MacMurray can now be just as affordable as any community college or state university! The College has made the Yellow Ribbon pledge to cover the full cost of MacMurray tuition and fees (worth over $20,000 a year) for all veterans who qualify for full Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits. The Veterans Administration also pays a housing allowance and up to $1000 a year for books.
- But that’s not all. We participate in all Veterans Administration programs of aid for veterans and their dependents, from the Vietnam era to the present. This includes the improved Montgomery GI Bill-Active Duty (MGIB) as well as the Post-9/11 GI Bill. Either one can cover the entire expense of attending college.
- We have a Student Veterans Association that is affiliated with the national Student Veterans of America. Our MacMurray organization is made of students that have served recently and also a while ago. We hope to see more vets and their family members join us!
- We belong to Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges, providing educational opportunities for servicemembers, veterans, and their families. As such, we are committed to the SOC Criteria.
- We award transfer credit as appropriate for military training, coursework, and occupational specialty, according to recommendations of the American Council on Education. This means with your discharge papers and military schools you will be credited for equivalent classes. The ACE Military Transfer Guide for students and the complete ACE Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services are available through the ACE website.
- We waive late charges for tuition and fees paid by the Veterans Administration.
- We work with the Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs to make sure our veterans are fully informed of opportunities in the state.
- We also cooperate with the Illinois Department of Employment Security and their Veterans Employment Representative, Rhonda Edwards, to assist veterans with employment.
Founded in 1846, MacMurray is a private college in central Illinois, 30 miles west of Springfield. It has two dozen majors in the liberal arts and in the professions - Business, Criminal Justice, Education, Nursing, Social Work. It has programs you won’t find elsewhere, for example in training interpreters for the deaf and teachers of the deaf.
For further information, email us at email@example.com. Or you can use these connections:
For further information on financial aid, contact Laci Engelbrecht, Director of Financial Aid, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 217-479-7043.
For information on MacMurray majors and courses, see the Academic Catalog.
For admission requirements for veterans, visit our admission office.
For on-campus housing, see the Residence Life page.
For assistance with any type of disabilities, please visit the Office of Disability Support Services.
Welcome again! And if you have any questions, we’ll be glad to hear from you.