News from MacMurray College
MacMurray nursing students earn honors
Thirteen inducted into Sigma Theta Tau.
The following area students were inducted into Sigma Theta Tau, the most prestigious, international nursing honor society:
- Kendra Baumgartner, a senior from Carrollton, IL.
- Adria Behrends, a junior from Jacksonville, IL.
- Tamara Breckon, RN to BSN, from Carrollton, IL.
- Barbara Chumley, RN to BSN, of Jacksonville, IL.
- Lisa Clark, RN to BSN, of White Hall, IL.
- Cara Crain, a junior from Manchester, IL.
- Tad Finch, a junior from Jacksonville, IL.
- Shawn Ford, RN to BSN, from Winchester, IL.
- Kelsey Gass, a junior from Chapin, IL.
- Kristina Long, a senior from Spaulding, IL.
- Shelly Steinmetz, RN to BSN, from Hettick, IL.
- Laura Wells, a junior from Chapin, IL.
- Kimberly Yeley, a junior from Ashland, IL.
Sigma Theta Tau focuses on the knowledge and professional development of nurses committed to making a difference in health worldwide. To be nominated, students must have completed half of the nursing curriculum while maintaining a GPA of 3.0 or higher, rank in the upper 35th percent of the class and show academic integrity.