Mac students…your opportunity to make some money, win prizes, and have a lot of fun by talking with Mac alumni and friends is finally here!!! All you have to do is fill out the application and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off to the Office of Institutional Advancement on the 2nd floor of Katy Hall.
Not often do you find a paying job where you can win prizes, play trivia games, inform alumni and friends on all that’s happening at MacMurray and snack on goodies graciously donated by staff and faculty!
Hiring Process and Relevant Dates
- January 7th - January 18th — Apply!
- January 18th — Application Deadline
- By February 1st — Applicants notified of hiring decisions
- February 9th — PAID Training Session: 2:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.
February 10th - February 28th — Livewire in Fackt Room of Campus Center
- Competitive wages: Phonathon callers begin at $8.25/hour.
- Build your resume: Develop/improve strong public relations, fundraising, communication, and marketing skills.
- Networking: Converse with Mac supporters in various professions all across the United States. You never know who you might meet!
- Incentives: Besides awesome prizes earned for meeting goals, Livewire provides snacks, beverages, and a celebration party at the end of the event.
This position requires outstanding communication skills, a quick problem-solving mentality, the ability to think on your feet, and a genuine appreciation for MacMurray College. Working at Livewire is a great opportunity to expand your communication, fundraising and public relations skills for life after Mac.
The primary responsibilities of a student caller for the phonathon are to
- Commit and adhere to a pre-set weekly phonathon schedule which includes a minimum of 5 - 7.5 hours (2 shifts) per week.
- Update records (new addresses, e-mails, phone numbers, and business information).
- Serve as an ambassador of MacMurray College by establishing a friendly and open line of communication between the College and its supporters through the direction of the Director of Annual Giving.
- Gain an understanding of the College, its organizational structure, and its annual needs for financial support thru the training provided.
- Student callers must attend the PAID training session before officially working at Livewire
- Call constituents (alumni, parents and friends of Mac) to renew, increase, and acquire gifts to the Annual Fund and serving as a source of information on current academic programs, campus development, events, happenings, and student life at MacMurray College.
- Arrive on time and with a positive attitude to scheduled calling sessions.
- Work with other livewire callers in a team environment to further the development of the Livewire program.
- Handle personal information with extreme confidentiality.
- Have a good time!
Livewire Days and Hours
- Mandatory training: Saturday, February 9th 2:30 - 8 p.m.
- Calling hours: Sunday, February 10th - Thursday, February 28th
- Shifts are Sundays - Thursdays 2 - 5 p.m. and 6 - 8 p.m.
Apply to be a Caller
Livewire applications will be accepted starting on January 7th! If you are interested in becoming a Livewire caller, please download the application or visit the application page. Applications are due by January 18th.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement at 217-479-7024, stop by the Annual Giving office on the 2nd floor of Katy Hall, or email email@example.com.