Welcome to the MacMurray College Office of Information Technology
This section of our website addresses some of the most common questions students have regarding Information Technology at MacMurray College. In these pages, you will find an overview of available technology on campus, information on how to connect your computer to the campus network and Internet connection, and information on how and where to find assistance with campus technology.
The following are some of the technology resources that are available to students at MacMurray:
- Email: Every currently-enrolled MacMurray student (both full- and part-time) receives a student email account. New students are supplied with account details (username and password) when they register for classes.
- Computer Labs/Student Use Computers: Computer labs are located in several locations throughout campus for student use.
- Wired Network: Each MacMurray College residence hall room is equipped with high speed Internet connections. Internet connections in the residence halls are free of charge for students who bring their own computers.
- Wireless Network Access: If you have a laptop computer, you can move around campus and still stay connected to MacMurray’s network. Wireless network access is available to current faculty, students and staff. This service is an extension of the traditional hard-wired networking ports available in offices, classrooms, dorms, labs, and other areas.
- Recommended Software In order to make sure our students have the tools they need to safely access the MacMurray network, the IT department has a list of recommended software, all available for free.
We will also link external IT-related services our students will receive while a student at MacMurray College, such as software discounts.
Users on MacMurray's network are asked to adhere to policies set forth by the Office of Information Technology. You can read and review these policies by clicking them on the menu to the left.
The main IT Office is located in Kathryn Hall, Room 305.