MacMurray College provides all of its faculty, staff, and students with email addresses. Though the services may differ, the usage policies, outlined below, remain the same for all MacMurray-issued addresses. These email addresses are important as they are one of the first lines of communication for the campus community. Failure to maintain your MacMurray email address can lead to missed communications which can have a negative impact on your College experience.
- Email services must be used only for purposes consistent with this policy. Fraudulent, harassing, obscene messages and/or materials, and chain letters must not be sent, forwarded, or stored. Users whose email addresses have been proven to be sending such content, willingly or unwillingly, are subject to deactivation.
- MacMurray College email distribution lists are to be used for official College business only. Messages to disseminate personal information, solicitations for other organizations, or non-College promotional announcements are inappropriate uses of College resources and are strongly discouraged.
- The College will not disclose internal or constituent email addresses (individual or distribution lists) to alumni, students, or business associates or other persons or organizations. MacMurray College alumni or staff who wish to contact alumni individually or as a group for College-related business (i.e., class business, alumni gatherings, surveys, etc.) may be provided lists or labels. Requests for information will be subject to approval on a case-by-case basis.
- Users are responsible for all content sent from their email address.
- Email addresses that have been compromised in any way are subject to deactivation.
- Students may keep their email addresses during the time they are active students at MacMurray College. Students who graduate, withdraw, or transfer in the spring semester will have access to their MacMurray email account until June 30 of that year. Students who graduate, withdraw, or transfer in the fall semester will have access to their MacMurray email account until June 30 of the following year. Faculty and staff may keep their mac.edu and/or webmail.mac.edu addresses as long as they are employed at MacMurray College.
- Webmail.mac.edu addresses on Gmail are allotted 30GB of storage. The typical size limit for attachments in Gmail is 25MB; however, whether or not your attachment will send is dependent on the receiving provider's limits.
- Mac.edu addresses on Office 365 are allotted 50GB of storage. Size limits for attachments in Office 365 is 25MB. For recipients outside of MacMurray College, whether or not your attachment will send is dependent on the receiving provider's limits.
- Users are urged not to rely on email inboxes as file storage and should back up all important files sent to them via email.
- Official MacMurray College campus communications will be sent to MacMurray-issued email addresses only. Members of the campus community are expected to check their MacMurray email regularly.
- All email communications at MacMurray College must accurately identify the sender.
This policy is subject to change at any time. Any changes to this policy will be posted to this page.
This policy was last modified on November 7, 2014.