Ways to Give Back
All contributions should be made payable to MacMurray College. Restrictions can be indicated on the memo line of the check and/or with an accompanying note. Gifts to MacMurray are eligible for tax deductions under current IRS guidelines. You can receive additional information on how to give to MacMurray by contacting the Office of Institutional Advancement by phone at 217-479-7024 or by email at email@example.com.
Online donations can be made through our secure giving site. MacMurray College accepts MasterCard, Visa, and Discover cards. You may also print and send in the donation form . To make a donation using American Express, card members may use the American Express Donation Site.
Print the donation form . Complete the information on the printed form and mail with gift to
Office of Institutional Advancement
447 East College Avenue
Jacksonville, IL 62650
Matching gifts count on all giving levels and are a great way to increase the amount of your donation. If you or your spouse works for a company with a matching gifts program, obtain a matching gift form from your human resources department and include it with your gift to MacMurray College.
Gifts of real estate can be accepted on an immediate or deferred basis. To learn more about gifting real estate to MacMurray College, please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement by phone at 217-479-7024 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
You may donate equipment, computer software, printed materials, food for sponsored dinners, personal property, fine art, etc. directly to MacMurray and receive an income tax deduction. You must submit an appraisal when donating fine art. All In-Kind Gifts must be approved through the Office of Institutional Advancement before gift credit can be issued.
Gifts of Stock or Securities
Gifts of stock save your taxes twice. You gain an income tax deduction and you eliminate capital gains tax. To find out about transferring stock to MacMurray College, contact the Office of Institutional Advancement by phone at 217-479-7024 or by email at email@example.com for details.
Planned gifts are deferred gifts. More and more people are finding that planned giving is a desirable way to effectively maximize support of their major charitable interests. They allow the donor to make a sizeable gift to the College as part of his or her estate planning. Planned gifts usually provide tax advantages to the donor.
Categories of deferred gifts are bequests, charitable trusts, and other long-term methods of financial planning. These methods of giving allow the donor to make the gift of a lifetime. A substantial portion of MacMurray's endowment has come from individuals who have remembered the College through their wills. Generations of alumni and friends have made MacMurray College a philanthropic priority in their lives. They have found ways to do the best they can for the College, both in terms of generous gifts during their lifetimes as well as deferred gifts that come to MacMurray after their passing.
The following is a brief description of the most popular vehicles that you may use to facilitate your giving:
- Bequests – Include MacMurray College in your will or trust (can be cash, specific property, or a percentage of the residue).
- Retirement Plans – Make MacMurray the full or partial beneficiary of your IRA, 401(k), 403(b) or other tax-qualified retirement plans.
- Charitable Gift Annuity – Transfer assets to MacMurray (cash, appreciated stocks, etc) and receive a fixed income stream for life.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts – Transfer assets to a trust. You receive current and future tax benefits and the named beneficiaries receive a fixed or variable income stream for life. MacMurray receives the assets remaining in the trust after the death of the last beneficiary.
- Charitable Lead Trusts - Transfer assets to a trust. The income produced by the assets in the trust is transferred to MacMurray for a given number of years. At termination, the assets revert either to you or to someone you designate (children, etc.).
- Life Insurance Policy - You may transfer ownership of an existing life insurance policy to MacMurray or make the College a beneficiary of a current policy. Alternatively, you may purchase a new policy with MacMurray as beneficiary and owner.
- Life Estate Contract - Transfer the deed of real property to the College, while reserving the right for you and/or someone else to reside in and use the property for life.
- Bargain Sale - Sell a property to MacMurray for less than its fair market value. The value must be determined by an independent appraiser.
The information offered here is intended only as a general guide, and you should consult your attorney or tax advisor with respect to the effect deferred gifts may have on your particular estate and income tax situation. For more information on planned philanthropy at MacMurray College, please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement by phone at 217-479-7024 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Honor and Memorial Gifts
Making a gift in honor or memory of special person or event is a lovely way to share your memory or story with the MacMurray Family, while positively transforming the life of a current student here at Mac.
- Gift to MacMurray College may be made in honor of a specific person (faculty member, classmate, parent, friend or someone who has inspired you), event (birthday, anniversary or special occasion) or to celebrate the life of a loved one. If someone helped transform your life then making a gift in their honor is a great way to show your appreciation. Just be sure to indicate the full name and address of the person you wish to honor at the time of your gift and the College will notify them of your kindness.
- Gifts to MacMurray College may also be made in memory of a person who has transformed the life of the donor. Memorial gifts are a beautiful and loving way to pay special tribute to a loved one. Please indicate the full name and address of the person and who you would like us to notify of your gift. If the person you are memorializing is deceased, please include the name and address of the family.
No mention of the dollar amount of the gift will be made, unless otherwise indicated. If you need assistance in planning your honor or memorial gift, please feel free to contact Bridget Phillips, Executive Director of Institutional Advancement at 217-479-7024.