May 3 & 4
The MacMurray College Baccalaureate Service and Commencement, held on May 4, 2013, were joyous and memorable experiences, even with the gray and rainy day. Graduates, their families, friends, and the entire MacMurray College community — faculty, staff, students, alumni, trustees — celebrated and “felt the joy” of lives transformed. Since not everyone who wished to attend was able to do so, the College is very pleased to share with you these two major addresses:
- Rev. Dr. Howard Daughenbaugh’s Baccalaureate sermon, entitled "Teaching and Learning: A Lifetime Vocation."
- Dr. Kathryn Kimura Mlsna’s Commencement address to the graduates, entitled "The Promises."
In my Commencement welcome I reminded graduates that America’s first lady in the mid-20th Century, Eleanor Roosevelt, was present with us 66 years ago when she spoke at MacMurray College’s Commencement in May 1947. In closing I shared the following Roosevelt quote, which captures beautifully what so many of us Highlanders know to be true: “Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints on your heart.” Thank you graduates, faculty, staff, and families and friends for leaving footprints in our hearts, in the MacMurray Highlander tradition. We hope you will enjoy sharing the graduation experiences of 2013 through this experience.
Public Relations has created a photo gallery which you can visit which will add another dimension to experiencing our noble traditions and transforming lives at MacMurray College.
President Colleen Hester
May 4 & 5
May 6 & 7
- President Colleen Hester’s introduction and the 2011 Commencement address, “The Legacy of a MacMurray Education,” by Chris Lu, cabinet secretary and advisor to President Barack Obama.
Download .mp3 | Read the transcript
- Baccalaureate Photo Gallery
- Baccalaureate Program
- Commencement Photo Gallery
- Commencement Program
- Letter from President Obama
- Nurse Pinning Photo Gallery
- Senior Picnic Photo Gallery
- Social Work Pinning Photo Gallery