About the RN to BSN Program
MacMurray College is no longer accepting applications for the RN to BSN program at this time. Thank you for your interest.
MacMurray College is committed to providing registered nurses with the opportunity to advance their careers through a smooth transition into baccalaureate nursing education. The RN to BSN program is designed to help students
- assume responsibility for supporting the profession by demonstrating concern for the welfare of others, engaging in self-reflection, maintaining lifelong learning, and engaging in ethical, moral, and legal behaviors;
- use clinical reasoning, intellectual curiosity, insight, and creativity in making and evaluating clinical judgments to improve care and quality outcomes;
- communicate effectively with diverse groups and teams using a variety of modes and strategies;
- use the nursing process in providing patient-/family-centered care to meet the health needs of individuals, families, and communities;
- design and manage healthcare in collaboration with patients, families, and other members of the healthcare team;
- discuss the implications of healthcare policies and systems on safety and quality;
- use information and technology to communicate, manage knowledge, mitigate error, and support decision making;
- integrate best current evidence with clinical expertise and patient/family preferences and values for delivery of optimal health care;
- apply knowledge from the liberal arts and sciences in planning and delivering nursing care.
Courses are designed to remain contemporary while also outcome oriented. Courses will be offered online with required meetings with the professor two times during the course.