Open Posting: Admissions Counselor
MacMurray College was founded in 1846; has a strong history of undergraduate education; and is located in the affordable, safe, and stimulating city of Jacksonville, Illinois. Our mission is "to transform the lives of our students by providing an exceptional, liberal arts general education and courses of study that prepare graduates for professional careers, further education, and other challenges facing the human community in the 21st century." The College has a culturally diverse student body of over 600 students and a faculty:student ration of 1:12. We offer 35 academic programs with top majors in Nursing, Criminal Justice, Business (Accounting, Business Administration, and Sport Management), Education (Deaf & Hard of Hearing Education, Physical Education, Secondary Education, & Special Education), Social Work, and Interpreter Preparation (American Sign Language). MacMurray College is a warm, engaged, student-centered learning community, focused on student success.
MacMurray College is seeking an Admissions Counselor who has the skills, ability, and personality needed to help increase the overall enrollment at MacMurray College. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the necessary skills to identify, plan, create, and implement strategies needed to attract and enroll students. The candidate will play a crucial role in social media, digital, and segmented marketing and must demonstrate experience using these avenues in a professional setting.
- Reports to the Chief Admissions Officer.
- Subordinate staff: none.
- Other internal contacts: all college faculty, staff, and students.
- External contacts: Prospective students and families, high school staff, community college staff, vendors hired by the College.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Chief Admissions Officer, develop the recruiting strategy for a specific territory to attain application and enrollment targets by marketing and promoting the College to both traditional and non-traditional students.
- Contact and travel to distant sites across a specific region of the United States to specific high schools identifying potential students as needed to reach enroll ment targets.
- Provide one-on-one admissions counseling to prospective students and families using face-to-face, electronic, and phone communication.
- Represent the College both on and off campus to prospective students, parents, and other individuals or organizations involved in the co llege selection process.
- Maintain contact and develop relationships with assigned schools and provide counselors/advisors with follow-up information on a regular basis.
- Evaluate and execute admission decisions for applicant files.
- Develop and implement social media strategy under the direction and guidance of the Chief Admissions Officer, using the overall enrollment plan and college operating plan.
- Analyze and recommend changes to the admissions communication plan using data within the College’s student recruitment manager and CRM programs.
- Update and maintain all external vendor site communication to develop and increase inquiry pool.
- Provide weekly, monthly, and other admissions reports as requested.
- Assist with campus-wide recruitment events.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-2 years of sales/marketing/recruitment experience required, preferably in higher education.
- Must demonstrate experience with social media, digital and targeted marketing experience within a professional setting.
- Evening and weekend availability required, along with the ability to travel for long periods of time.
- A valid driver’s license and personal transportation are required for travel, sometimes great distances, throughout the United States.
- Ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Performance Competencies and Criteria
- Proficiency in social media, digital, and targeted marketing strategies and tactics.
- Possess high energy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, organize and set work priorities.
- Have the desire and ability to motivate others to succeed.
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a significant ability for discretion and confidentiality in handling sensitive issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to work both independently and as a member of a fast-paced, goal-oriented team.
- Demonstrate the ability to maintain a calm and business-like manner.
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Applicants should include demonstrated sales/marketing experience, along with social media, digital, and targeted marketing experience in a professional setting within a cover letter, resume, and three professional references. All materials should be sent to HR@mac.edu.