Open Posting: Head Men's and Women's Soccer Coach
MacMurray College, an NCAA Division III institution, is part of the St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SLIAC). MacMurray College, founded in 1846, has a long and noble history of undergraduate education and is located in the affordable, safe, and stimulating city of Jacksonville, Illinois. Our mission "is to transform the lives of our students by providing an exceptional, liberal arts general education and courses of study that prepare graduates for professional careers, further education, and other challenges facing the human community in the 21st century." The College has a culturally diverse student body of over 600 students and a faculty:student ratio of 1:12. We offer 35 academic programs with top majors in Nursing, Criminal Justice, Business (Accounting, Business Administration, & Sports Management), Education (Deaf & Hard of Hearing Education, Physical Education, Secondary Education, & Special Education), Social Work, and Interpreter Training (American Sign Language). MacMurray College is a warm, engaged, student-centered learning community, focused on student success.
MacMurray College invites applications for the full-time position of Head Women’s and Men’s Soccer Coach. A bachelor’s degree is required for this position; master’s degree is preferred. The ideal candidate will have previous collegiate head coaching experience.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- To fulfill all the responsibilities of an NCAA Division III institution head coach, including, but not limited to, coaching, recruiting, and budget management.
- To lead and develop two competitive NCAA Division III soccer programs.
- To monitor the academic progress and athletic skill development of all MacMurray College soccer student-athletes.
- To recruit high quality student-athletes to the institution.
- To instill the mission of MacMurray College and its core values (as well as the values of NCAA Division III athletics) into the Highlander soccer programs.
- Must have a minimum of three years coaching experience at the college level.
- Must have a clear commitment to working in an undergraduate liberal arts environment and at an NCAA Division III institution.
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer; all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. When you apply, in addition to your resume and three reference contacts, please include a brief cover letter describing your interest in this position and how your background has prepared you to make a significant and immediate contribution to our athletic department. Applications will begin being reviewed immediately. All materials should be sent to HR@mac.edu.