Open Posting: Faculty: Assistant Professor of Psychology
MacMurray College was founded in 1846; has a strong history of undergraduate education; and is located in the affordable, safe, and stimulating city of Jacksonville, Illinois. Our mission is "to transform the lives of our students by providing an exceptional, liberal arts general education and courses of study that prepare graduates for professional careers, further education, and other challenges facing the human community in the 21st century.” The College has a culturally diverse student body of over 600 students and a faculty:student ratio of 1:12. We offer 35 academic programs with top majors in Nursing, Criminal Justice, Business (Accounting, Business Administration, and Sports Management), Education (Deaf & Hard of Hearing Education, Physical Education, Secondary Education, and Special Education), Social Work, and Interpreter Training (American Sign Language). MacMurray College is a warm, engaged, student-centered learning community, focused on student success.
MacMurray College is seeking an experienced, highly qualified candidate to fill a tenure-track faculty appointment for Assistant Professor of Psychology beginning August 2014. The MacMurray psychology department is a small two-faculty program that has approximately 30 majors and provides service courses for other departments. The expectations are that faculty will demonstrate a commitment to excellence in teaching, promote scholarship to students, and appreciate the mission of a small liberal arts institution.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and teach courses which include, but are not limited to, Introduction to Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, and Developmental Psychology.
- Participate in curriculum and program development, student recruiting, advising, departmental meetings, and college committees.
- Complete educational outcome measures and assessment to evaluate student learning.
- Candidate must possess a Ph.D. in Psychology from an accredited university/college (ABD will be considered).
- An ideal candidate will have some college teaching experience and/or a minimum of 2 years experience in a clinical setting.
- Evidence of ability to work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
MacMurray College is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Interested applicants may send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae outlining qualifications for the position along with your teaching philosophy, and contact information including email addresses for five professional references to HR@mac.edu.
Official transcripts will be required of candidates who are interviewed.